Great, now we’ll never be able to outrun the cops. Just kidding… Don’t do that. Yamaha has just announced its FJR1300P Police Bike with a host of upgraded performance features to help make our Nation’s Finest’s jobs a little easier.
Begin Press Release:
Cypress, CA – February 14, 2018 – Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A., today announced the FJR1300P, a new police version of its iconic FJR1300 Sport Touring motorcycle, will be available for use by law enforcement and municipal organizations in the USA.
The FJR1300P blends the performance, handling, and incredible reliability of the standard FJR1300A with the capability of adding an arsenal of equipment designed exclusively for police use. Thanks to development feedback obtained directly from police departments and municipal organizations in various European countries, the FJR1300P sets a new benchmark for performance and reliability, critical for the demands of police departments across the United States.
Ready to Protect and Serve
The FJR1300P makes a great candidate for serving law enforcement agencies thanks to a host of standard base-model FJR1300A performance features, including:
– A compact and lightweight, 1298cc, DOHC, 16 valve, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine
– A versatile six-speed transmission
– Yamaha’s exclusive Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T) ride-by-wire system
– Traction control
– Cruise control
– D-Mode adjustable engine mapping
– All-LED headlight and position lights
– LED tail light
– Adjustable rider seat height and handlebar positions
– Push-button control for an electronically adjustable windscreen
– Detachable side cases
– Shaft drive
– 6.6 gallon fuel tank
In order to assist with the rigorous demands of police operations, the FJR1300P also comes prepared to support equipment that is exclusive to law enforcement use. Special features include:
– Pre-wired electrical connectors for easy installation of front and rear flashing lights
– Pre-wired electrical connectors for easy installation of a siren and speaker
– A pre-wired handlebar control switch
– A compartment with pre-wired electrical connectors for an auxiliary battery
– A windscreen that is taller than the standard model
– Knuckle visors (integrated into the rearview mirrors)
– Wind deflectors for the rider’s feet
– Engine guards
– A rear-mounted radio box
When put to the test by European law enforcement agencies, the FJR1300P received praise for its ride comfort and ease of handling. US agencies will now have access to the same level of performance thanks to special ordering opportunities through authorized Yamaha dealers.
To find out more about the FJR1300P, visit https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/fjr1300p-police-bike.
More information related to all Yamaha products can be found at https://www.yamahamotorsports.com.
#Yamaha #YamahaMotor #YamahaMotorUSA
Yamaha Announces FJR1300P Police Bike for U.S. Market appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.