The Ural Baikal Limited Edition is the latest small-batch production run to come from the Russian manufacturer.
Begin Press Release:
Inspired by the Ultimate Ride Challenge
Each winter, 500 miles southeast of Irbit, Russia, home of the Ural factory, the world’s largest freshwater lake freezes creating over 400 miles of barren ice fields. Adventure seekers from across the globe navigate to discover one of the world’s most demanding rides, including the legendary semi-annual Ice Run.
In 2010, our friends Hubert Kriegel and Chinzo crossed Lake Baikal on their Ural sidecar in the middle of a particularly brutal Russian winter. They lived on Baikal for 2 weeks to complete their adventure battling -40°F wind chill and shifting snow drifts.
“Living on the frozen Lake Baikal I found my ultimate ride challenge. I survived relying on my Ural sidecar with my co-pilot Chinzo.” – Hubert
Meet Ural Baikal
Ural Baikal LE comes in new Baikal Blue metallic colorway with Yamal orange interior accents.
Standard equipped with our legendary on-demand 2 wheel drive and sidecar mounted spare wheel, this Ural is ready to take you far beyond the marked trails. Cut through the ice, literally, with the side mounted high carbon steel hatchet. Keep your vodka in the VSSL x Ural compact flask and light your campfire with Titan stormproof matches.
Baikal LE features full protection with ceramic undercoating on the sidecar tub and interior of all 3 fenders. Combined with the standard issue sidecar windshield your bike and co-pilots will be full protected from the harsh gusts of Siberian winter.
Bring a friend and bring good music along – your Baikal has all weather proof portable Ural x Braven speaker installed ready for the road ahead!
Total Built: 45 Units Worldwide
Available: October, 2017
Universal Spare Tire & Luggage Rack
Baikal Blue Metallic Colorway
Black Jerry Can
Toolbox Gas Tank
Enduro Bench Seat
Sidecar Accessories Panel (Phone / Tablet Charging)
Blue Sidecar Cordura Tonneau Cover
Rubber Floor + Trunk Mats
Baikal LE Badge
Baikal Sidecar Nose Graphic
VSSL x Ural Flask w/ LED Flashlight
25 Stormproof Matches
1 Waterproof Braven x Ural Bluetooth Speaker
The Lake 53.5587° N, 108.1650° E
Lake Baikal is the world’s largest and oldest freshwater lake. Located in the heart of Russia, Baikal contains 20% of the planet’s fresh water, enough to provide the world population drinking water for 40 years. Baikal is 400 miles long and the deepest continental body of water in the world with a maximum depth of 5,315 feet.
The average winter temperature is -6°F (-21°C) creating over 12,000 square miles of solid ice, thick enough to support cars and of course, sidecar motorcycles.
LAKE BAIKAL LIMITED EDITION ACCESSORIES
The Limited Edition Ural Baikal comes standard equipped with our favorite field tools to keep the adventure going strong, no matter how rough the conditions get.
FOLDING UTILITY SHOVEL + HIGH CARBON STEEL HATCHET
Each Baikal comes standard equipped with sidecar mounted utility shovel and high carbon steel hatchet. Each hatchet provides precise reliable cuts with a 3.5″ steel blade and non-slip rubber grip, ideal for both wet and dry conditions.
SIDECAR MOUNTED BRAVEN WATERPROOF SPEAKER
The BRV-1M portable Bluetooth Speaker combines versatility and premium audio in a compact, rugged package. Completely waterproof, the BRV-1M boasts a shockproof exterior with 12 hours of playtime and a built-in 2200mAh power bank to charge USB-enabled devices.
VSSL X URAL BAIKAL FLASK
VSSL x Ural Baikal flask. This mil spec aluminum 10oz flask includes 2 stainless steel collapsible shot glasses and bottle opener. The built-in LED flashlight features dual mode static and SOS LED ‘flood’ beam lantern light, capable of illuminating large areas with 40 hours of continuous operation.
Each Baikal includes 25 long burning Titan Stormproof matches and extra strikers. Each Titan waterproof match will burn for 25 seconds, even under water and in gale force winds. At 4.125 inches long, Titan Stormproof Matches are double the strength of a standard match.
Total Builds: 45
Engine and Transmission
• Displacement, cc: 749
• Engine type: OHV air cooled 2 cylinder 4 stroke “boxer” (flat twin)
• Valve per cylinder: 2
• Bore and stroke (mm x mm): 78 x 78
• Max output (hp): 41 @ 5500 rpm
• Max torque (ft-lbs): 42 @ 4300 rpm
• Compression: 8.6:1
• Fuel system: Throttle body EFI
• Starting: Electric & Kickstart
• Clutch Double-disc dry
• Transmission type: Manual
• Speeds: 4 forward 1 reverse
• Primary drive (rear wheel): Driveshaft
• Final drive ratio: 4.62
• Engageable sidecar wheel drive: Yes, driveshaft
• Overall length, inch.: 98.8
• Overall heights, inch.: 54.3
• Overall width, inch.: 63.6
• Seat height, (unladen), inch.: 32.0
• Ground clearance (unladen),inch.: 6.8
• Dry weight, lbs: 730
• Alternator: Denso, Peak Output 40 Amp @ 14vdc, 560 Wt
• Battery: FAYTX20HL (12V, 20A)
• Headlight: H4
• Spark plugs: NGK BPR6HS
• Front suspension: IMZ leading link fork
• Rear suspension: Double sided swing-arm with two Sachs hydraulic spring shock absorbers, 5x adjustable
• Sidecar suspension: Single sided swing-arm with Sachs hydraulic spring shock absorber, 5x adjustable
• Wheels: 2.15X19 Aluminum rims with steel spokes
• Tires: Duro HF-308, 4.0×19″
• Front brake: 4-piston fixed Brembo caliper with 295mm floating NG rotor
• Rear brake: HB big bore single piston integrated floating caliper with 256mm fixed NG rotor
• Sidecar brake: 2-piston fixed Brembo caliper with 245mm floating NG rotor
• Fuel grade: 91 Octane, unleaded
• Fuel tank capacity, gallons: 5.0
• Reserve, gallons: app. 1
• Estimated fuel economy, mpg: 31-37
• Estimated range, miles: 155-185
• Recommended max cruising speed, mph: 70
• Max permissible weight, lbs:1325
• Trunk volume, cubic ft.: 2.9
• 2-years parts and labor unlimited mileage.