Everybody likes the way the retro BMW Racer looks, but not all of us like the way it feels, especially when stuck in traffic. Helibars to the rescue once again.
HeliBars Press Release!
New Product: HeliBars Special Performance Triple Clamp with Taller Handlebar Risers for BMW’s R nineT Racer
CORNISH, ME. (April 25, 2018) — HeliBars new Special Performance Triple Clamp and taller handlebar risers for BMW’s R nineT Racer eliminate the extreme, hunched-forward stretch to its cockpit while maintaining the bike’s classic, flowing lines and unique clip-on handlebar style. The beautifully crafted replacement fork-top clamp and matching risers utilize the stock bars, but position them 3.5 inches higher and 4.25 inches rearward.
This Special Performance kit transforms the Racer’s track-attack ergonomics, delivering more civilized, everyday comfort by drastically reducing weight transferred to riders’ hands, while also optimizing their wrist angles, shoulder positioning and spinal alignment to minimize muscle fatigue.
Reducing cost and complexity, Heli’s 6061 T-6 aluminum top clamp and risers work with the BMW’s original hydraulic lines. Messy, time-consuming fluid bleeding is not required. The parts come in a tough, UV-resistant hybrid polyester silver powdercoat finish, at no extra charge.
Everything is engineered to perfectly integrate with the Racer’s switchgear, bar-end weights, steering damper, ignition switch and fork lock. Meticulous fit testing ensures that everything steers clear of the bike’s low-slung windscreen.
The kit doesn’t require permanent modifications, so the bike can easily be returned to stock. This makes installation straightforward using common Torx bits and a light-duty torque wrench, then following the comprehensive installation manual, which is illustrated with photos every step of the way. This printed guide is included with the kit and conveniently available online.
Since 1987, HeliBars has custom-engineered more than 80 different applications that greatly improve the ergonomics on bikes of every genre: ADV, cruiser, naked, retro, sport, and sport-touring, standard and touring machines — without changing their overall looks — allowing motorcyclists to venture further and more often in greater comfort.
In addition to the Special Performance Parts series, HeliBars offers a Tour Performance product line of handlebar relocators and risers; patented Horizon Multi-Axis Replacement Handlebars that can be fine-tuned to fit riders of all sizes; and stealthy TrackStar Clip-On Handlebars that rise up to ease the pain of hardcore sportbikes’ crouched riding positions.
HeliBars products are designed, tested and proudly manufactured in Cornish, Maine. They’re backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee via Heli’s 30-day return policy, and come with a one-year warranty.
For more information about HeliBars comfort solutions, to find a dealer or place an order directly, please visit HeliBars.com or call 800-859-4642, then visit the company’s Facebook page, YouTube channel and Twitter postings.
- Replaces the original top triple clamp and comes with R nineT-specific HeliBars bar risers that use the original handlebar tubes and hardware, simplifying installation
- Retains the bike’s racy lines, clip-on style and unmistakable heritage
- Higher, closer handlebar position gives riders a net gain of 5-1/2 inches (140mm) from stock
- Handlebar width is unchanged
- Dramatically transforms handlebar position and comfort
- Reduces weight on hands and wrists
- Optimizes wrist angles, shoulder positioning and spinal alignment
- Taller: Raises handlebars up 3-1/2 inches (89mm) over their stock positioning
- Rearset: Handgrips 4-1/4 inches (108mm) closer to the rider
- Integrates with the original hydraulic lines, electrical components and bar-end weights
- Retains the stock instruments, gauge mount, ignition switch and fork lock
- Maintains fork rigidity and allows use of the original steering damper
- Engineered so everything steers clear of the bike’s low-slung windscreen
- No permanent modifications: Bike can easily be returned to stock
- Machined from 6061 T6 aluminum alloy
- Rigid, flex-free design and high-quality construction
- Complimentary, UV-resistant hybrid polyester silver powdercoat finish matches original look
- Supplied with high-strength bolts and reuses stock hardware
- Detailed installation manual is included and conveniently accessible online
- Available with a special tool to easily remove the stock handlebars
- Guarantee: 30-day money back satisfaction policy
- Warranty: One year on materials and workmanship
- American Made: Engineered, tested and manufactured in Cornish, Maine
- Availability: Direct from HeliBars.com, Western Powersports and motorcycle dealers nationwide
- Retail Price: $499.00; $529 with a special handlebar removal tool
- HeliBars part number: HRT05126