BMW is on a roll with its R nineT series of bikes. Here’s the newest edition, the R nineT Urban G/S.
Begin Press Release:
BMW Motorrad USA Announces Pricing for 2018 R nineT Urban G/S
Woodcliff Lake, NJ (May 3, 2017) – BMW Motorrad USA is pleased to announce that the 2018 Model Year R nineT Urban G/S – due to arrive in dealer showrooms by -June – will have a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Base Price of $12,995.00 (plus a $495.00 destination fee).
Inspired by BMW’s 1980 R 80 G/S, the BMW R nineT Urban G/S is a contemporary rendition of a legendary classic enduro, right down to its red, white and blue BMW Motorsport colors and classic styling. Like BMW’s flagship Heritage model – the R nineT – the Urban G/S features a potent, air/oil-cooled boxer engine with a capacity of 1,170 cc and an output of 81 kW (110 hp).
Standard Features (vs. the BMW R nineT) include:
- 19” front wheel (optional off-road tires)
- Headlight fairing + high front fender
- Higher handlebars, more upright
- Extended spring travel (4.9”/5.5” vs. 4.7”/4.7”)
- Enduro footrests
- One-piece seat
- Painted steel tank, traditional forks/gaiters, cast wheels, single tailpipe, Single speedometer
- Hand-brushed Aluminum Fuel Tank with sanded weld: $950 MSRP
- Hand-brushed Aluminum Fuel Tank with visible weld: $850 MSRP
- Chrome Exhaust: $150 MSRP
- Heated Grips: $250 MSRP
- Anti-Theft Alarm: $395 MSRP
- Off-Road Tires: $0
- Automatic Stability Control: $400 MSRP
- Cross Spoke Wheels: $500 MSRP
- Low Seat: $0
- Light White (w/ motorsport-blue accents and red seat): $0